Monday, January 23, 2012

Cherry & Apple Baby Puree!

I thought I'd share a baby food recipe with you in hopes it would inspire you to give it a try.

Recently I made a Cherry & Apple Baby Puree which was yummy (YES, I tried several spoonfuls) and super easy!  Check out the details below and give it a try!

Recipe Courtesy of www.wholesomebabyfood.com

Ingredients
3 Apples (Organic)
1 Cup Cherries (I used White Cherries)
Dash of Vanilla
1 Cup of Water

Directions
1) Peal and chop apples.
2) Take the pits out of the cherries.  Tip: Use a potato peeler and stick it in the center where the stem protrudes.  Rotate the peeler and it will grab the seed, sorry the picture is a bit blurry.

3) Combine all of your ingredients in a saucepan on the stove.  Steam until everything is soft (it might help if you put a lid on the saucepan leaving it just off center so there is room for the steam to escape.  This takes about 20 minutes).

4) Once everything is soft, go ahead and puree it in the appliance of your choice (blender, bullet, baby bullet, etc.).

5) Finally, store food in freezer portion trays (and put what you plan to use within 48 hours in the fridge).  Once frozen, you can pop the portions out and store in freezer bags so you can use those portion trays again.  Its recommended that you store baby food in the freezer for more than 3 months but it's best to use within 1 month.

Go ahead and give it a try!  Hope your little one enjoys this recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely going to be using this soon! Any other favorite recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a chicken and apple puree which she liked. Everything else I've made so far has pretty much been single ingredients. I'll keep you posted though on anything new I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete